Monday, July 19, 2010

Movie Review on Despicable Me!

Now I will confess, when I saw the trailers for Despicable Me, I was not looking forward it whatsoever. In fact, I made sure to tell everyone that I knew that I would definitely not be attending such a film. It looked cheesy, cliche, and unfunny. On the contrary, Despicable Me wound up being an absolute delight to watch from beginning to end. The animation was good, the infamous minions were not as annoying as I feared, and the main characters were really enjoyable. My second confession is that I am not a fan of Steve Carell at all (I can't stand The Office). But his hilarious voice acting is what really brought this movie to life! The only weaknesses that could be found was the film's automatic tilt toward the 3-D audience members, which can be rather eye-rolling when you're watching the film in 2-D. Such scenes include the front of the space rocket moving toward the audience, the minions interacting with the audience during the credits, and various devices flying all over the place. But besides the favorable outlay, there is no other film with a protagonist villain trying to steal the moon from outer space! Highly recommend this if you're on a high for the good animated films this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment